The spousal work permit or Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) lets your spouse to work in Canada for any employers if you are:
- A skilled worker working in NOC level 0, A or B, or,
- An international student residing and studying in Canada, or,
- An applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Program.
- A Canadian PR or Citizen whose spouse is currently in Canada and for whom you have applied for a Spousal Sponsorship. Refer to Spousal Sponsorship for more knowledge about this.
Required documents to apply
The following documents are required to apply for a work permit for your spouse:
- Proof of your status in Canada (Study permit with validity of at least 6 months),
- Proof of your full-time enrolment at a DLI),
- Proof that your spouse has financial and personal ties to their home country,
- Proof of finances,
- Proof of relationship with you.