Canada is increasingly becoming one of the most popular destinations for international students. Studying in Canada also opens up many pathways for you to become a Canadian permanent resident as well!
Benefits of studying in Canada
- Pathway to PR: By studying in Canada at one of the Designated Learning Institutes (DLI), you are eligible to apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) after completion of your post-graduate diploma
- With PGWP, you can work in Canada and become eligible to apply for PR under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) after gaining 1 years of work experience.
- Even if you don’t apply for or get a PGWP, you can still get additional points for your Canadian education while applying through the Express Entry system to rank yourself higher among the competing international applicants.
- Moreover, several provincial programs are now prioritizing PR applicants who have completed a post-secondary study in that province.
- Other benefits
- Excellent quality of education.
- High standard of living.
- More affordable compared to the USA and OECD countries.
- Scholarships are available for international students.
- There is a diverse and vast community of international students.
- The academic system promotes experiential learning and practical experience.
- In general, the Canadian people and communities are welcoming and friendly towards international students.
To study in Canada, please feel free to contact VisaHive. We will review your complete profile including your previous education and work experience along with your long-term goal to suggest a suitable academic pathway for you!