The parents and grandparents of Canadian Permanent Residents and Citizens can apply for a Super Visa to reside in Canada for a period of up to 2 years at a time.
Super Visa is a multiple-entry temporary residence visa with validity up to 10 years.


  • You must be a Canadian PR or Citizen.
  • Required documents: You will need to provide a written commitment promising financial support for the applicants, including the details of your living arrangements, and your plans specifying how you would support them during their stay. The letter also must specify your family composition. You will also need to provide a proof of your PR or citizenship status in Canada.
  • Funds and income documents: You will need to meet the LICO or Low Income Cut Off requirement for your family income. LICO varies depending on the number of your family members.
    • For example, let’s say, you are living with your spouse and two dependent children, and now intend to sponsor your parents for the super visa. Then there will be a total of 6 members in your family.
    • Currently, the minimum family income requirement for 6 persons is CAD 62,814 per annum.

Documents Requirement from the applicants

Your parents or grandparents need to meet the following requirements:
  • The applicants must get a medical examination done from a IRCC designated panel physician.
  • The applicants must also purchase medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company. The insurance must be valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry in Canada and must have at least $100000 coverage for medical expenses. The insurance must be prepaid. IRCC does not accept quotes for insurance.
  • The applicant must be outside Canada at the time of application.
  • The applicant must not be inadmissible to Canada
  • The applicant cannot include their dependent children in the Super Visa application.
The visa office will also evaluate the applicant’s ties with their home country, their intent to leave Canada at the end of their visa and the overall situation of their home country.

Request Quote